Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday afternoon with my son.


This afternoon had a hankering to play Guitar Hero on the Wii for some reason lol.  Got my son to help me get it set up and asked if he wanted to play too.  Set up a playlist of about 8 songs and played.  I stayed pretty close to him, of course didn't hurt that he was playing on expert and me on beginner LOL.

I then asked him if we wanted to get out of the house for a bit.  I had been thinking about it, wasn't sure if I wanted to get out on bike or in the truck, but did want to just get out.  He said he wanted to go, so we loaded up in the truck and headed out.  First stop was the Underwater Bridge in Perry Co. (35.68646, -87.98668) Those from the area know where and what it is, but for others, it basically just a place were the creek passes over the roadway. After we got there just set and enjoyed nature a bit. Matt skipped a few rocks. A couple of more vehicles also crossed while we were there.


After we left the underwater bridge I showed him were Lady's Bluff (a.k.a. Lady Finger's Bluff) (35.68825, -88.01304) Info at http://tinyurl.com/l3xtdoe We didn't stop but drove on down to the end of the road where the creek empties into the river.  Hopefully someday soon when we have more time and I am in better shape he and I can come back and walk the trail.
 
We then took some back roads of Decatur Co, Fire Tower Rd to Mouse Tail Rd and then down to the Bussektown National Wildlife Refuge, which is directly across the river from Lady's Bluff. We took Bunches Chapel Rd back and cut across on Odos Graves Rd to Walter Garret Rd, back to the highway and then home.
 
Had a good time, think he enjoyed getting out learning some new places and I learned that maybe he isn't totally fed up with his old man yet. :)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to see what you were up to, I want to go out to creeks with you all and hike around!!! Sounds like my kind off day! & even if he's irritated, I doubt he'd ever get fed up with you! Big hugs and loves! ~Wynter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think he'd cut me off completely lol more of joke. ...and you are welcome anytime. Love Ya

      Delete