Sunday, October 20, 2013

My weekend

Well as I said in my previous post, I took this Saturday (yesterday) off.  I had wanted to get and do something this weekend.  Something being just about anything other than sitting at home, so in that sense I guess I did.  Friday night a little before 7:00, later start than I had intended I got out and drove through town...just seemed dead to me, which is normal around here actually.  I drove toward the river and passed a couple of the local bars along the way, didn't really seem like much going on their either, especially the one I've been to before and would be most likely to go to again.  But really I'm just not much of a bar person... I know the drinks are more expensive because you are paying for the atmosphere etc... but also I said in my previous post, I usually end up sitting there alone, observing instead of participating.  So I figure I can do that at home for a lot cheaper...lol I know I need to get involved, but that's another blog (although also partially addressed in my previous blog).  So anyway, I drove on past and ended up at a place known locally as "Pearl Harbor" or at least that is what we called it when I was a teenager.  I is just a boat ramp with a large parking area on the Beech River close to where it empties into the Tennessee River. I backed into a spot with the truck facing the fool moon, over the river.  I rolled down all the windows and reclined the seat back a bit and just relaxed and enjoyed the quite.  It reminded me younger days, getting out with friends, sitting by the river etc...  Stayed for about an hour, which was about as long as it took me to smoke my cigar lol and then headed back home.  It was cool, but not too bad.

Ok, now it's Satruday, after a couple of great college games (TN and Vandy winning) I'm going to actually do something today....well....again didn't really turn out like that.  Another run through town and pass toward the river, about the same observation as the previous night.  However tonight I head back toward town trying to think of something, but really wasn't coming up with anything.  Well sitting by the river worked last night, maybe it can again tonight.  But I wanted a different spot and maybe some refreshment this time.  So stopped and grabbed a six-pack and headed to Broadies Landing. Another boat ramp on the Tennessee River although there is an area south of the ramp that is more open. There is also a road just before the river that goes to the north that has a a couple of parking areas off it, but chose not to go that way.  Full moon again and fog already on the river made it just a tad eerie lol. There was a group down the other road I talked about, heard them hollering etc... and could see the headlights of their vehicle, was actually a bit of entertainment to some degree lol.  Was quite a bit cooler than the night before, but still enjoyed it.  Was chatting with a friend on Facebook, so wasn't totally alone I guess :) Fog kept getting thicker over the night. A barge passed going up river, heard it for a long time before I could see it.  Again with the fog was creepy, but not in a bad way lol.

I know I've left a few things out probably, hopefully it all still makes sense.  Hope you have a great up coming week.

Steve
http://about.me/stevefall


No comments:

Post a Comment