Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Along for the Ride

Hello all,

Guess the title comes from the feeling that I am just "along for the ride" on everything in the upcoming weeks. Work, the surgery and so on and so on.  Been a long time, if ever, since I've felt in control of my life.  Yes, I know "I" am the one in control, but it does not feel like that.  Somewhere along the way I decided to let others be in control and just go along with whatever.  I have got much better over the years, but still a long ways to go.  Kind of like -18ºF is "warmer" than -50ºF, but it is still a long ways from being warm.

I feel like I understand the diet after surgery a bit better, but still hope to talk with someone who can explain things a bit better to me.  Apparently there are two kinds of protein drinks.  Some sort of clear liquid protein that will be used in Stage 1 (first two weeks after surgery) then a protein powder to make protein shakes in Stage 2 (after Stage 1 for two weeks).  Now I've heard some say the continued the protein from Stage 1 in Stage 2 instead of the shake. Which at the time didn't make much sense to be honest, but does a bit better now.  Also from what I can tell many stay on the shakes after Stage 2.  I don't know if this is because it is an easier way to get their protein instead of a soft food, if it is because it is fewer calories if they have eaten something with several calories for an earlier meal or for what reason.

Speaking of rides, I did get out and ride the motorcycle yesterday.  First time in a LONG time.  Yes, it's been cold and rainy, but I usually have been able to find a day or two each month to ride, but to be honest I just didn't have any interest for a while.  I have to say I have a great bike (2004 Honda VTX1300C), I am bad about not doing a lot of regular maintenance (other than oil change, air filter and the like) and it has never let me down.  Even after all this neglect the last few weeks it fired right up.  The tires did need a little air, but that was about it.  When I remember to start it, I use an app called Ramblr to track my rides and it allows me to share them.  So here is a link to my ride yesterday. http://rblr.co/A7se


Well....let's see what today brings

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment