Thursday, January 30, 2014

Busy, busy, busy last few days.

I worked Sunday and had to leave early Monday morning to go to Nashville for pre-op & pre-admission classes, test and paperwork (more below). Got home about 4:30 Monday afternoon and my daughter and grandson were here.  I added a few videos to the tablet he got for Christmas and did her taxes.  By that time it was getting late.  Got up Tuesday and headed to work, but instead of getting of at 3:00 Wednesday afternoon as normal, ended up having to stay till 11:00pm.  Which you may know gets me home about midnight.  Then up at 6:30 this morning to take son to school.  Just now starting to get caught up it feels like.  Trying to get some things in order before surgery on the 10th.

Ok, my day in Nashville Monday...if  you follow me on twitter @StephenFall or FourSquare you already know a bit about that day.  My appointment was at 8:30 and I ended up getting into Nashville about 7:30 so I killed just a little time at Centennial Park and went to the hospital (Centennial's Main Hosp) about 8:00.  Think I may have been the first to get to the registration desk.  Anyway...had my upper GI and got in and out of there fairly quick.  Didn't have to be at the Dr.'s office for a class till 11:00 so went by McDonald's at got a little something to eat.  This was actually the plan since couldn't have anything to eat before test at the hospital.  Took my biscuit back to Centennial Park and parked by the pond close to The Parthenon (See pic below) and just listened to music a bit.


 

At the Dr.'s office the class was about the surgery in general then the dietitian went over a few things and then a pharmacist spoke to us.  As always after I attend a class, meeting etc... I feel better about the surgery for a while, more informed, better prepared etc... but as always so far a bit later I start worrying too much again. I guess with more information it just gives me more to think about, which is not good for a person who thinks to much lol.  But I emailed the dietitian with a few follow up questions this morning and think again, for now lol, I have a decent grasp on at least Stage 1 and Stage 2 diets.  My mother, a retired RN, is helping me a bit too.  Since the first two stages will last for about a month after the surgery, I guess that should be good for now. 

After the class yesterday had to go across the street to the Women's and Children's Hospital, this is where the surgery will actually be done...ok...go ahead laugh....LOL don't ask me why they are there...anyway...just got some blood drawn and an EKG their, didn't take long. Then finally on my way back home.

Played around a bit with an app I had downloaded a few days ago and one the actually mentioned in the class, MyFitnessPal.  I think I have a little better understanding of how it works.  The biggest thing will be adding food for the first time.  You can look up foods that other's have added, but that isn't quite as easy as it may sound at first.  Anyway, since I will be eating a lot of the same stuff for a while, it won't be too bad after get started.  You can also scan the UPC on a package, haven't tried that  yet, but will soon.

Well, guess that is enough for now. Take care....

Steve 

No comments:

Post a Comment