Friday, January 17, 2014

Surgery date is set

Well it's official.... My weight loss surgery will be on February 10th.  For those that don't remember I am having a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (see here) Was a bit of hectic day yesterday getting in finalized.  My insurance changed a bit after the first of the year.  Mainly as far as this goes, it was the increase in my out-of-pocket maximum, so it was/is going to cost me a pretty good bit more than once thought. But I finally feel ok with what I've worked out on it all.  Also spent part of the day in the HR department at work getting paperwork I need to be off and how that will be covered on Short Term Disability and the Family Medical Leave Act.  But anyway...as it stands now there is set time frame.  I will be going in for some pre-op task on January 27th.

I'm still a bit nervous and even apprehensive about it all, but I am like that with just about any change in my life.  I am just keep reminding myself this should be a change for the better.  Still wish I has a bit more of a support group. but guess I'll deal somehow.  The facilitator and myself have been the only ones at the last two monthly meetings in Jackson.  I am going to try and go to one or two at least at the doctor's office in Nashville before the surgery.  Away from work I literally spend ~95% of my time alone.  This is not really a choice per se, but regardless, it is how things are.  Hopefully that will change after all this... at least that is what I'm hoping. I guess I have isolated myself a bit, but it wasn't without help and influence from others.

Finally redeemed the free oil change that I won back in October today. Other than them forgetting to fully close my hood and me discovering that at 70 mph on the interstate, it went well I reckon.  It is the cheapest place I know of now ($19.95), so guess I will go at least one more paid time and see how it goes.

Well not a lot else to tell at the moment I guess.

Later,
Steve
http://about.me/stevefall


No comments:

Post a Comment